FINDING INFORMATION IN THE HELP CENTER
The Tech Support Hero's Center is designed to provide end-users with a complete self-service support option. They can get information from the knowledge base or turn to the community for answers. If they can't find an answer, they can submit a request to an agent. Agents can also use the Help Center to help solve tickets, or they can provide additional support by answering questions in the community.
You can use search to find information in both the knowledge base and the community at the same time.
The search results are displayed in two columns, with one column listing the knowledge base results and the other listing the community results.
You can browse the content in one or the other by clicking Knowledge base or Community. See the following sections for more information.
Getting around the knowledge base
The knowledge base consist of categories, sections, and articles. Articles are grouped in sections, and sections are grouped in categories.
To get around the knowledge base, you can use search or browse categories and sections. If available, use breadcrumbs to go home or to a parent section or category. Depending on how your Help Center is configured, you may also have links to browse recently viewed articles, related articles, or promoted articles. You can subscribe to sections or articles so that you're notified when somebody creates or updates an article.
Getting around the community
The community is where you can ask questions, provide answers, or share ideas. Most questions or ideas are associated with topics of discussion.
You can use search to get around the community. You can also use the following views to browse the topics and questions:
- Topics - Lists the topics of discussion in the community. Questions are associated with different topics. You can filter the topics with the following options:
- All - (Default) Lists all the topics
- Following - Lists only the topics that you're following
- Questions - Lists the questions in the community. You can filter the questions with the following options:
- Newest - (Default) Lists the questions that were most recently posted
- Recommended - Lists the top questions recommended for you based on your browsing history
- Trending - Lists the top questions viewed by other users
- Votes - Lists the top questions ranked by votes
- No topic - Lists the questions that haven't been assigned to any topic
- Following - Lists the questions that you're following
- Unanswered - Lists questions with no answers, questions with answers but no votes for any of the answers, or questions with answers but no answer marked as accepted or official. You can filter the questions with the following options:
- Newest - (Default) Lists the unanswered questions that were most recently posted
- Votes - Lists the top unanswered questions ranked by votes
- No answers - Lists the questions that haven't received an answer yet. Filters out the questions with answers but no votes